Monday, December 27, 2010

Wheel Wobble; The secret $10 fix.

Have you experienced the infamous Model A wheel wobble?  Have you gotten frustrated with all the "sure fire fixes" that cost $150, $200, $300?  Anyone very tell you its the King Pins?  Well the under $10 fix is here and I'm going to tell you for free!!!!!!!

It is not glamorous nor even mechanically sound, BUT IT WORKS on any Model A, even my 1929 Woody!   And if you don't want anyone to see it, it only takes 30 seconds to remove or install.   Yep, 30 seconds.   Too good to be true for a Model A?  Well is i s true.

How can that be?   Well one afternoon I was very frustrated after looking at rebuild kits for the steering box, tie rod ends, greasing, king pins and the list goes on as you know, for Model A's.  Then I was looking at my tool box and believe it or not, there hung a 36" black rubber bungee cord.  I had one of those eureka moments.  I grabbed it quickly and crawled under my Model A and strapped it around the idler arm and attached the hooks to the rear on the brake arm.   And guess what?????  THE INFAMOUS MODEL A WHEEL WOBBLE WAS GONE?  THIS IS A GUARANTEED FIX TO THE FRONT WHEEL WOBBLE FOR ANY FORD MODEL A!!!!!!  

Now granted, there is a bit of a pull to one side but it is so worth it!!!

hopefully this works for you, but I can understand if pride of ownership prevents a try!!!!
If you do try it and it works, leave a post here!!

2 comments:

  1. wheel wobble on a Ford Model A- fixed. couldn't believe it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is highly informatics, crisp and clear. I think that everything has been described in systematic manner so that reader could get maximum information and learn many things. auto mechanic brandon fl

    ReplyDelete